A solid Sitka spruce top and Mahogany back and sides are the foundation for this sloped shoulder Grand Concert model. The grained ivoroid binding and pickguard are beautiful against the satin black smoke finish. A modern straightline rosewood bridge and a modified low oval neck with Performing Artist taper complete the 00L-17 Black Smoke.
The Martin 00L-17 is a stunning sloped shoulder model that echoes vintage Martins. The Black Smoke finishes look like something out of a 50's catalogue and we love the oversized dot inlays. Martin have given the 00L-17 a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides for an even tone that suits chordal and lead work in equal measure. The neck has a rosewood fingerboard and a modified low oval profile with Performing Artist taper for a modern playing feel. If you want to cross 21st century build quality with vintage styling, look no further than the Martin 00L-17.
This is a vintage-style guitar with great, warm tone and amazing looks, as you'd expect from Martin, of course!
The grained ivoroid binding and pickguard are beautiful against the satin black smoke finish. A modern straightline rosewood bridge and a modified low oval neck with Performing Artist taper complete the 00L-17 Black Smoke.
Top Material: Sitka Spruce
Back & Side Material: Solid Mahognay
Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
Bracing Pattern: X Brace
Case: TKL Fitted Hardcase
- Model: 00L-17 Black Smoke
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 00-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: N/A
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Back Detail: N/A
- Back Purfling/Strip: N/A
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Side Detail: N/A
- Endpiece: N/A
- Endpiece Inlay: N/A
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: N/A
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Headplate Detail: N/A
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: N/A
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Fingerboard Binding Material: N/A
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Color: Black
- Finish Top: Satin
- Top Color: Black
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Black
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Modern Straightline - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Recommended Strings: SP LIFESPAN 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE LIGHT (MSP7100)
- Knob: Cream
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: N/A
- Pickguard: Ivoroid
- Pickguard Inlay: N/A
- Case: Ply Hardshell